Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Engage in good health practices … CARE

I was born in mid-November and am a Scorpio woman. By nature I am intense, secretive and determined. Scorpio gets a bad rap among the astrological signs because of that intensity scaring some off, turning others away and yet as I grow and grow older the care I learn to give myself must start by knowing or remembering my sun nature. "Live your sun, satisfy your moon," is the mantra I hear over and over in the past several weeks. To live my Scorpio nature which falls in the Tenth House I will be intense, magnetic and successful in 'work or career' in the world. What happens when the foundations of career success are pulled away from a Scorpio like me? She rebuilds again and again. I have a legacy of rebirths and rebuilding and the forms of success in my life are almost always revolutionary. New recipes are my delight, and writing down the recipes on napkins, poetry, tiny home pressed books and blogs ... these are my successes. To some I am flighty and impulsive ... no matter though, I am actually neither. That Scorpio nature that fuels me has inspected, analyzed and compared my shortfalls to the nth degree, and the depth of that Scorpion is insightful because so many views fill my inventory.

Where to go with this as I meditate with the o`o of CARE today? I see me with my walking and digging stick with or without a mask to be with the environment. The environment that includes the stench of heavy industry and jet exhaust; where birds land on sidewalks to peck the sunflower seeds laid out especially for them; and currents lap the shore stones in an unending melody. I see me rest a few extra hours because there is no reserve for more action at the moment. I am rebuilding a life with a foundation atop two trailer wheels bound for the foot hills of the Olympic Mountains. I live with a partner who can build things on a foundation of diverse sorts. As I grow and grow older I live my Scorpion intensity with more transparency than ever ... few secrets (though of course I still have some) are kept as I take to the blog and disclose vulnerability. I fear being without value more than almost anything. But it does not stop me. Here is something that fueled my Scorpion Sun, an excerpt from an essay called "You Were Made for This" written by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. The whole piece is also included on the sidebar as one of THE SITES OF LIGHT.

One of the most calming and powerful actions you can do to intervene in a stormy world is to stand up and show your soul. Soul on deck shines like gold in dark times. The light of the soul throws sparks, can send up flares, builds signal fires, causes proper matters to catch fire. To display the lantern of soul in shadowy times like these—to be fierce and to show mercy toward others; both are acts of immense bravery and greatest necessity.

Struggling souls catch light from other souls who are fully lit and willing to show it. If you would help to calm the tumult, this is one of the strongest things you can do.

Do you believe you were made for these times?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart