Sunday, December 27, 2009

It's nice to be

A collection of blogs offers unexpected new views on ancient solutions. People, places and blog writings open up the whirl of life at different rates of spinning. A Makua O'o might be practicing "Know that wisdom is found in many places."

My native instinct to include variety in my life led to creating a flock of blogs. I might go for days or months without a new post at a blog, and then it's nice to be back. Today I found a blog called the habit of being when I went to my own side-bar to visit the warmth of Aotearoa (it is summer in New Zealand ) with Ahipara Girl. While visiting, I viewed and met beautifully painted pohaku and even more beautifully created young children, one of them just recently celebrated his first year on The Planet. Then, on Ahipara Girl's blogroll the author of the habit of being left a poem written by one of The Planet's elders of consequence, Wendell Berry. The link to that post is here.

The poem from Wendell Berry follows:


when despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
and I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. for a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.


thank-you Ahipara girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart