Saturday, September 3, 2011

The 'Ole Moons

More than any other topic on this blog, our readers are most curious about the 'Ole Moons.  Check on the side-bar for "Most Popular Posts" and several of my 'Ole Moon posts show up.  Tomorrow, Sunday, September 4, 2011 the 4 'Ole Moons of the Anahulu Ho'onui (the first 10 moon week) begin.  We spend a lot of time and exploration with the po of Mahina on our workshop-blogs and it always amazes me that there is more to know. 

'Ole moons are the elegant placement of rest and repair times built into the wisdom of a Lunar cycle of time.  The 'oihana kilokilo (the study of astronomy and the heavens) amassed practical and quantum wisdom into the culture of the kanaka.  From that point on the Earth where horizons allow the heavens to be visible if you only LOOK, there is such abundant information. 



Our readers include several Hawaiian Island locations, and each time I view our Visitor Map and see those Island location I wonder:

  • Who are you?
  • Do you look for Hina in the sky?
  • Do guavas grow near by?
  • What's the ocean like today?
  • Do you practice and live with Kaulana Mahina?
When I view the Visitor Map and see visitors and readers who come often, I ask and wonder:

  • Who are you?
  • Do you look for Hina in the sky?
  • When I know the ocean is not nearby I wonder do you miss it or find waterways like lakes or rivers to enjoy?
  • Do you practce and live with Kaulana Mahina?
Blogging allows fluid boundaries.  As the 'Ole moons begin tomorrow I just wonder about our readers, and send you thoughts of aloha. 


For more info on the 'Ole Moons click on the sidebars where 'Ole Moons show up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart