Friday, December 27, 2013

New Moon in Capricorn, January 1, 2014


New Moon in the Twelfth House (mine)
This is a period of review, letting go, and recharging one's spiritual and, by extension, physical "batteries". Focus, now, is on fulfillment through service, empathy, and awareness of other's needs; but it can also be a time of withdrawal and some sort of retreat in a social sense, depending on your personal and natural predisposition. Some kind of soul-searching is in order, and the urge to find some level of emotional peace of mind will be apparent. This is a more sensitive position of the New Moon, and it is best to find some sort of peace for the soul in preparation for the New Moon in the first house—a period that is more active and busy than this one. - Cafe Astrology


"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." This is a prayer and mantra that I feel most in need of today. As the year draws shorter, and the winter is truly in place though Winter Solstice has marked a place from Earth that says the longest night is passed and light is promised. Nonetheless, winter is a time for hibernation and with the New Moon in my 12th house coming January 1, 2014 I am reminded that rather than pushing at making something grow this is a time to recharge my spiritual batteries.

I posted this chart earlier today. It was a chart of discovery! I had just discovered that my newest project, the second in a series of "medicine stories" scheduled to be launched on January 1, 2014 is one that is 'all squares and oppositions' ... all lots of hard work. An old chum and life journeying friend shared an insight with me about struggles and the addiction to them. I could relate: the habit was bred in me early, early, early. Fortunately for both of us, there is room for letting that habit go: I have a choice about how to work. What do you think old friend? Not too late to give up an out-dated habit as ancient as this one?

My work and the art of myth-making and storytelling that I foster has me expressing my self more clearly, even as the myth is difficult for some to read and understand. A young man new to our community talked with my husband earlier this week about my writing. He is intrigued with it but confessed 'it's not easy to read.' Many years ago when I was writing a regular column in a small press newspaper one of the fellows who delivered the publication said the same thing. He read it regularly, didn't always understand it, but kept reading it. At the time, when Hawaii Island Journal was (in my opinion) one of the best free-thinking and intelligently edited sources out there, I felt honored and grateful to be honing my craft and being paid. The pay was minimal, but I had a source for expression. I'll be long appreciative for the opportunity. Lane Wick and Karen Valentine did a hell of a good job!

More than ten years later, the Hawaii Island Journal is history. Piha pau! The bi-line continues, "Makua O'o" was first written in that publication. I continue to write with that bi-line here and makawalu (unfurl) from this platform. I learn some things every day. I write every day. Some of it is good. Some not so. Some I really love. Back to that chart I posted. Some thing I am learning to accept is the power of timing ... like water the flow is not one that can be captured, and when I try the water leaks from my fingers like hot soup. I get burned sometimes. Today, I see it is possible to be warned, and take the warning as good consult. Anyway, the point of the post is that the New Moon in Capricorn is not a good time to launch the next installment of my medicine stories. It's time to review and refuel my batteries, batteries which do indeed need recharging. A later launch time, in the spring, on a new moon looks better. We'll see. God and goddesses help with that Serenity Prayer.

Many good wishes for the New Year that makes the most of you!

Hauoli Makahiki Hou,
Mokihana


"Here are some ideas for intentions, house by house:
  • New Moon and stellium in the 1st house –  Take care of your body.
  • New Moon and stellium in the 2nd house – Quit wasting money and save some.
  • New Moon and stellium in the 3rd house – Quit swearing or blabbing or speeding or whatever it is you’re doing that seems immature.
  • New Moon and stellium in the 4th house – Set an example for your family.
  • New Moon and stellium in the 5th house – Parent your children.
  • New Moon and stellium in the 6th house – Follow through on the commitments you make at work.
  • New Moon and stellium in the 7th house – Do right by others.
  • New Moon and stellium in the 8th house – Take responsibility for your pathology.
  • New Moon and stellium in the 9th house – Learn something that takes some effort.
  • New Moon and stellium the 10th house – Focus your ambition.
  • New Moon and stellium the 11th house –  Be a solid friend.
  • New Moon and stellium the 12th asks –  New spiritual foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart