Sunday, March 29, 2015

If you meet the Buddha ...

“Embrace nothing:
If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha.
If you meet your father, kill your father.

Only live life as it is, Not bound to anything."


― Gautama Siddharta

Charles Mudede's Pothole ,,, from the Seattle Slog
In the past month I have received three reader communications. One was a personal note of thanks for my blogs from a reader who lives not far from us, here, in the Pacific Northwest. She had discovered Vardofortwo when she was researching living in a vardo. There was no request in her email, simply a thank you. I appreciated her note and replied in kind. The second note was from a TV producer/anchor who had read that same blog and wrote that she'd love to do something about Vardofortwo on TV. Our joint desire (Pete's and mine) is not notoriety.  Blog publication is plenty public. I chose not to reply. The third communication came just the other day. It is a request from a community liaison who had also read (one of my) blogs. She was writing to ask me to publicize the activities of her alliance. It's not important in this post to describe it. I'm simply noting that the communication came with a request to spread information. I'm not 100% sure, but pretty sure, I will not respond.

My reason for blogging in the first place was to have a way to make sense of life changes that made no sense to me. Using the one form of expression I had available, I began to write. There were so few things I could do to change others, so, I simply put life down as I was experiencing it. Yes, I had been critically damaged by repeated exposures to a very popular pesticide, Roundup. Yes, the application was done by people I knew (my neighbors) and others who should have known better (The City and County of Honolulu, the owners of golf course, resort owners, museum groundskeepers). At one crucial point along the way I experienced what Taupouri Tangaro described as the hua in my life's journey; the event that spurred me to know ... time to move on!

In so many ways my decision to move on (from my place of birth) again has led me to my now. Here in the woods seated in the black iron chair that was a gift from the people, friends now, who share their land with us, I have received three more communications. I call all of these communications (the pair of three) gifts. The ones that follow are further evidence of discernment ... the slow to medium pace of folding inspiration into the mix of oxygen that makes for a changing sense of being human.

These three posts come from sources I explore routinely. The reason I put them here is simple. Each of them contradicts a personal bias I have held dear for many reasons, and for a long time. Instead of reviewing or previewing these post I hope you will read them yourself and see where your biases or agreements fall. As the opening quote proposes, "Only live your life as it is, Not bound to anything." No an easy path for most, I count myself among them.


On Grief and Climate Change (scroll down a bit on this Homepage)

Realities of Bt Cotton 

Why We Must Learn to Love Potholes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart