Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Slow down, notice, make adjustments, continue the journey

This is a test; you know those tests with your name on it that show up on your pysche's desk?   The Pisces New Moon and Lunar Eclipse has brought the tide in, and then out. Pollen season and then the surgery has laid me out, I rest, and my racing mind looks for distractions to anchor me as my body mends. The pain from the surgery has eased. So many dreams have dipped me into the psychic soup and I wobble. Pete and I watch Season Three of Merlin. The magic and the cinema opens windows of escape at least temporarily.

I wrote to my son yesterday asking him about the air quality in Paris where he works. He and my daughter in law live just outside the large city. The mayor of Paris issued a reduction of vehicles driving in the city by 50% to help with the smog. My son wrote back this morning and said the smog was an everyday (for a long time) thing. Here in the woods, the trees are quality control agents when it comes to smog, but, have their own demands: they must pollinate and that creates a different sort of challenge for some of us.

Anyway ... I sent a reply to my son and attached a link to this YouTube "Our Narratives Continue". I've also added this YouTube to my permanent sidebar over to the right. I wrote, "I'm watching this for pollen therapy."

The YouTube is the keynote address and presentation at the 2014 WIPCE Conference on O'ahu with Dr. Taupouri Tangaro, Kekuhi Kanahele and their village. Layers of meaning found in the epic saga and myth of the fire goddess Pele Honua Mea and her sister Hi'iaka i ka poli of Pele create a contemporary teaching story. As the newest season of growth begins and I am challenged to clear the way for my ongoing journey at 67 years, the presentation "Our Narratives Continue" help me to discern how valuable it is to know the stories that root us.

Sliding or dancing with words, story and dance I listen and feel the mythic value of Pele's journey and the journey her younger sister Hi'iaka undertakes. Through the re-listening and insertion of Tangaro's translations I navigate the newest spring and wade through the healing tides as a old woman. What is valuable now? What are the dreams telling me ... the deep and soul addressing dreams? Over and again I come to the cyber-library and click on the arrow of YouTube. An important story is told, and I listen with my whole body.

The tools of the makua o'o surface ... they are the tests. I lay them on top of the listening I do as I watch "Our Narratives Continue". Answers come. The right ones? Maybe. This one, but not that one. Sorting. Tide comes in. Tide goes out. Mahina progresses. We notice the shape of the moon, and observe the nature of life as the moon's shape changes. We notice how we change. Do we? Fluid or fixed? Patient or restless?

  1.  Keep a keen sense of observation … NOTICE 
  2. Listen … with your whole body … LISTEN RESPECTFULLY
  3. Do your best in all things … LIVE LIFE WITH A PASSION *
  4. Know that wisdom is found in many places … SOFTEN THE GROUND OF YOUR BEING
  5. Question for clarity when making decisions … ASK
  6. Practice patience and endurance … TIMING IS DIVINE
  7. Engage in good health practices … CARE
  8. Feel the heartbeat of the culture … SENSE YOUR PLACE
  9. Believe in Ke Akua, for this higher power makes all life possible … WE ARE NEVER ALONE, ALWAYS LOVED


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart