Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My year of French

Bonne Annee!

I've swept things clean, cooked up our first meal of the New Year(feta and spinach sausages and scrambled eggs) and painted the blog a soft sand with lots of brown to calm and relax. Accents of deep reds show up to focus on some worth while endeavor ... a project, something to manage. My son lives in France. I have a worthy endeavor to manage and keep myself entertained: learn French. I began writing email to my son's girlfriend and learned a lot about a lot of things, including French. This morning my son's email included a list of food in French, mainly seafood since he and his girlfriend live in Normandy. I have the internet to look up translations as I read the list; it still amazes me to be able to do this without a book dictionary.

Small wonder. Marvelous beginning to a new year's endeavor. So, I've started a list of words I learn. The beginnings are over there on the right--->>> on the Sidebar.

Learning something new this year? I'd love to know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart