Saturday, November 23, 2013

Shelterbox ... Haiyan relief for Filipino Families

For as much as I write about and am "a Hawaiian woman", Calizar is a Filipino name. My father David Calizar Sr. immigrated to the Hawaiian Islands as a boy. Our families in the Philippines are unknown to me, but Typhoon Haiyan and the devastation and loss has created a personal typhoon for me. I feel the loss. My friend Joan does Facebook, she introduced me to Shelterbox today. I spread the word here, and hope I am able to help reach the Calizars I don't know through this post and reconnect with my family in the Philippines. Another friend Drew wrote to me yesterday when I said I was having a personal typhoon, "Your attitude is your surfboard!" You're right Drew.

Help with any amount you can with Typhoon Haiyan disaster relief by filling a Shelterbox.
Thank you,
Mokihana



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart