Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Lunar Eclispe (in the sign of Aries). October 8, 2014, Spider Season, and the 8 Lies of Iktumi


 "... if you’re lucky enough to be on the east coast of the US, the blood moon will set on the western horizon at exactly the same time as the Sun rises in the east — you’ll be able to see the Sun and a total lunar eclipse at the same time — a weird quirk of celestial geometry that should technically be impossible.
 
The lunar eclipse of October 8 will reach totality and be directly overhead in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Those of you on the west coast of the US will see the Moon rise as normal, and then the eclipse will begin at 1:17am (Pacific Time), with a total eclipse occurring between 3:27am and 4:22am. The east coast of Japan and Australia should see the lunar eclipse in the evening, as the sun sets. On the east coast, the eclipse will begin at 4:17am (Eastern Time), with the total eclipse lasting between 6:27am and 7:22am." - Source


Astrologically-speaking two of my favorite astrologers said this about the up-coming Lunar Eclipse/Full Moon:

 Satori writes about the 'Prelude to the Eclipse."

"...The issues surround what you want versus what you need and both stand at odds with a rotting infrastructure. With the Aries-Libra opposition energy (Venus and Sun opposite Moon and Uranus) this means self versus other: relationship... It’s the need for validation versus validating your own experience...Watch the run-up to the early morning (Wednesday) full moon eclipse for those gaps to be illuminated. Once spotted, they can be fruitfully addressed or eliminated (Pluto).

Elsa sees the Aries-based Lunar Eclipse as a scene from "West-side Story."

"Have you seen, “West Side Story”?  It’s a perfect example of the energy described here. You just can’t stop yourself from reacting on a visceral level. It’s your primal instinct, activated."

On a personal level the Aries Full Moon and Pouli Ka Mahina is in Pete's 7th House of Relationships and my 3rd House of Neighbors/Siblings and Communication. Acres of wooded 'aina across the road from us has been clear-cut. The action has ignited 'reacting on a visceral level. Our primal instincts are activated. We are enraged, and frustrated by the brutal disregard for land and trees, air, 'aina (the land that feeds others as well as ourselves). When the man with a degree snuck in with his hired saws and machinery, I took this picture. I called my land-mate to ask if she knew of the hewa (wrong-doing) beginning. She said she did not. I said "It's happening now!" A year ago we stopped this clear-cut by going through legal channels including involving the DLNR (Department of Land and Natural Resources). Stalling the California-resident owner from the clear-cut was a stop-gap. We heard nothing until I heard the first fall of a tree on September 29, 2014. This morning the sound of equipment echoed through the forest before sunrise. The energy of the Aries-based full moon has been building over the week. In the Hawaiian culture, the Full Moon is actually observed as four phases of building energy. Each morning and night I have said my prayers after having said this Pule 'Aina at sunset when that first tree was felled.



PULE 'AINA
Prayer for the Land

E ke akua, he pule ia e holoi ana i ka po’ino o ka ‘aina
a me ke pale a’e i pau ko ka ‘aina haumia
He pule ia e ho’opau ana i na hewa o ka ‘aina apau
Oh God.
This is a prayer to wash away all iniquity from the land,
to ward off and end the contamination of the land.
This is a prayer to end the mistakes done to all the land
I pau ke a’e, me ke kawau
I pau ke kulopia, a me ka peluluka
I pau a hulialana
A laila niho peku, ho ‘emu, huikala, malapakai,
Kamauli hou i ke akua.
So that the bitterness may be over.
The ground will be covered with greenery, leaves and vines,
and we may offer again our prayers of thanks to you for abundance.
As the sun began his rise, Pete could not stay to hear and feel the devastation happening in the forest near-by. His fury was full throttle, and at this point a West-side Story scene would not get us far. So instead we dressed and climbed into our Subaru. I took a couple short videos of what we see at the end of our driveway, but, the videos are too large to include here. We turned right at the end of the driveway and in the direction of the rising sun to watch ka la begin a new day. The fog was thick. We were part of the rushing bikes and commuters hell-bent on making the ferry. At the traffic light that controls the ferry traffic we turned right onto Columbia Beach Road looking for the beach cottage a friend uses. We were looking for a small Crèmesicle cottage with turquoise windows. Among the mega-dominions about two-thirds of the way was my friend's cottage. It will be a fine east-facing beach place to come for respite. I needed to know there was somewhere to be grounded with the sight and sound of saltwater when I need it. My friend Morgana has extended an open invitation to sit and be there, I will return to the Cremesicle cottage another day.

The fog was still thick, the sun probably already in the sky behind it. We crossed with the Green-light and parked in the small park in Clinton. Once out of the car, Na Aumakua had something for us to witness. In spite of our visceral need to escape the clear-cut the gods, perhaps Uku-uku Grandmother Spider or her son Iktumi had one more spider's bite for us. "Ahhhh, if only the world was a better place," said Uku-uku. "Then I will be happy," continued Iktumi. The spider bite? This is what we saw driving down the hill into the ferry lane.



How do we 'listen' to the lesson Grandmother Spider has left with us today, on this Blood Moon, Pouli Ka 'Ula Mahina? I am a storyteller with the kuleana like the recorders of my ancestors, the storytellers who documented devastation and magnificence in their 'oli, the chants. What is the lesson Grandmother Ku'uku'u was giving me? "Oh if you were a famous author with words printed on paper ... then of course, you will be happy." Tempting and entangled in that web of illusion for so very very long I have struggled with the distribution of my writing. Trying this way and that way to publish on eco-harvested, eco-printed means. Over and over I have tried to make that happen. Because, of course, THEN I would be happy.

What is the lesson Grandmother was giving me this week, this moon leading up to the Blood Red Moon in Aries with an eclipse for good measure? She was letting me decide once and for all: NO I do not need to put my words onto the skin of trees for my happiness. NO I have seen the price of tree skin. NO I have felt the crying when one tree after another is felled for man's (or woman's) profit. $1.3 million dollars for the trees that became 'logs'? Is that what it takes? NO I do not hold the value of books, or houses, or fires with that regard.

After seeing the logger, the logging truck and the trees we knew as family and neighbors, Pete and I spent the next two hours at the end of Humprey's Road at a spot of shore overlooking Puget Sound. Glendale Shoreline is one of the only public accesses on this side of Whidbey Island. When we needed to find a place to invest our precious resources of personal and soul-fueled energy we called our friend, and kupuna (elder) Loretta Wilson. She and her sister Ruth are the sisters who inspired me to create The Sweet Sisters, two characters integral in my medicine stories. Loretta and Ruth were at a work party clearing ivy from old maples this weekend on the Glendale Shoreline. Pete caught Loretta on his cellphone just minutes before the two 'Sweet Sisters' headed off for an Eastern Washington car trip. In the nick of time Pete got directions from a trusted and respected elder, and we found this ...



a puka of hope






Who are the men responsible for the clear-cut on Forest Lane in Langley, Washington? 

Know these names, and reckon with them with caution!

The land owner is Jose Antongiorgi. He lives in Redondo Beach, California.
The logger is Jason Anderson, a 5th generation logger from Darrington.
The forester is Walt Michalec. He is the one responsible for all decisions being made.

When we arrived in South Whidbey Island five years ago we had been living in our car because I could no longer live IN a house, nor in most places because of the multiple forms of toxic products or processes common-place. We have learned through experience the dangers and risks involved in living a life based on the values of entitlement. "If I can afford to, I will __________." At first it was far easier to blame everyone and anyone who did not meet our expectations. But, eventually we would need to ferret out the attitudes of entitlement that clung or hid in our habits. Time has shown us the many ways we have been deluded by the 8 Lies of Iktumi. What? The spider lies? Well, yes he does but he is tricky and will often hold a mirror in front of him and it will be your/my own face and my lies that trick. What are the 8 lies? Here is what I have heard, the lies are:*

If only I were rich, then I would be happy.
If only I were beautiful/handsome, then I would be happy.
If only I were famous, then I would be happy.
If only I had more friends, than I would be happy.
If only I weren't physically handicapped in any way, then I would be happy.
If only I could find the right person to marry, then I would be happy.
If only someone close to me hadn't died, then I would be happy.
If only the world were a better place, then I would be happy.

* According to Billy Mills and Nicholas Sparks's book Wokini.

"In truth, none of these self-deceptions has any relationship to happiness, and in fact they present overwhelming barriers to authenticity." - Angeles Arrien The Second Half of Life

There are spider webs within and outside me, and I have felt the spider's bite. I age and grow more authentic as na hei (the webs) release the lies through the puka the holes and capture the potentiality for something to come. When I have been bitten by the spider Grandmother Ku'uku'u was trying to get my attention! This is a potent red moon, and with it I say my prayers to become more authentic and less deceptive. What magic is spun by the Grandmother. If you have read this far and still have the courage to explore more. Link here when you have an hour to listen ... for in this podcast is a chant for the Lunar (Red Moon) Eclipse. A chant for health.

It is spider season. Pay attention.

"The Clear-cutting Controversy: Myths & Facts"
"Clear-cutting the Debate ..."
"Washington Mudslide ..."
"Do Trees Have Feelings?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart