Thursday, October 2, 2014

Openings

The soul should always stand ajar,
ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.
-Emily Dickinson

 
Early October
The Sun at just slightly more than 9 by the clock
Eye to Eye while I write
About what do I write?
 
The opening
of a new day
gives me
a click
a clack
 
At what could be
some small
or
BIG
knot
 
A hipu'u
A joint of potentiality
connecting me
on that unbroken
string
 
Up and over
the pointy blades
of glass
Onto
a ledge
There ... that door
Ajar
 
Just wide enough
for
something I had never
experienced
 
I seek it out.
(click to explore!)
Coral spawning
 He puko 'a kani 'aina.
 
A coral reef that grows into an island.
A person beginning in a small way gains steadily until he becomes firmly established.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak from the heart